Monday, December 29, 2008

Pioneer Woman's Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Gingersnap Cheesecake

Boy, that's a mouth full. Though I wish I took pictures of this beauty, I didn't....but if you would like to see what this masterpiece looks like you can go to PW's website. I didn't do the Caramel or the Pecan in this recipe. I thought Jason might eat this because I overheard him talking about how he had this really amazing Cheesecake down in Flordia that was Pumpkin and Cheesecake...then he made that face...you know the one, we all make it. When your eyes get big and your mouth starts to water because whatever food you are thinking of, you wish you had it right then and there to eat it. Well I guess Jason didn't think I could make a fru-fru cheesecake, but I did...and he didn't try it. So here goes!

PW’s Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Gingersnap Cheesecake
also known as: PW’s Pumpkin Cheesecake

**Can be halved for a smaller springform pan

Crust:
12 ounces storebought gingersnaps
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I took out)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Dash of salt

Filling:
4 packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
4 eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 jar caramel topping (I took out)
Extra chopped pecans (I took out)
Extra crushed gingersnaps

In a food processor (or large ziploc bag) crush gingersnps. Add chopped pecans, melted butter, brown sugar, and salt, and pulse (or mix) until thoroughly combined.
Press into bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Chill for 20-30 minutes.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin and spices and mix again. Add eggs one at a time, mixing for 20 seconds between each addition. Add cream and mix until just combined.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until no longer soupy. Cheesecake should still be somewhat jiggly. Cool on counter for 30 minutes.

Cover and chill cheesecake for another four hours or overnight.

Remove rim from pan and slice. Sprinkle each slice with extra crushed gingersnaps.


So there you have it! Enjoy!

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oh my, that cheesecake sounds heavenly! I wish I had a chance to make this for Thanksgiving but I guess I'll have to hold on to this recipe for next year's Thanksgiving!