Saturday, August 16, 2008

No Bake Cookies

These are Jason's favorite cookies (that and snickerdoodle). I made them last Saturday to surprise him because I hadn't made them in a while. My sister-in-law Jill gave me this recipe and it is still on the folded up sheet of paper she wrote it on 3 or so years ago. I've learned that this recipe is about timing, if you don't do something at the right time you could ruin the whole batch! ie: crumbly (b/c I have before)


Ingredients

2 cups sugar

1 stick margarine

3 Tbsp. Cocoa

1/2 cup milk

1/2 c. peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla

3 cups of Oats


Mix Sugar, cocoa & margarine with milk & boil on stove for 1 minute and stirring all the time. Remove from heat; add peanut butter, oats and vanilla flavoring. Have wax paper ready and drop onto paper with teaspoon. Wait a couple hours for them to harden to eat! Yummmmy

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

no matter how sweet these cookies are, I could eat TONS of them. Thanks for the recipe!