Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yummy Goodness of Chicken



This recipe is sourced from those good looking boys of Paula Deens. This is from their latest cookbook. Which I have to say is very good, I checked it out from the library and copied many many recipes. My little story to tell about this one is...I first started with the chicken on our favorite Pampered Chef stoneware. Little did I know was I going to have flames popping out from the heating coil in the oven! The grease was running off the stoneware and hitting the heating coil, making flames shoot out a little. I freaked out and holler for Jason to HURRY, QUICK!!! I transferred it to the ugly thing you see here to finish cooking our very enjoyable meal.

Ingredients
8 Slices of Bacon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (Cut in half lengthwise to make 8)

For Cheese Sauce
1 - 10.75 oz can condensed cheddar soup
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon of canned chipoltle peppers or hot pepper sauce
dash of Worcestershire sauce

Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet (guess I didn't follow instructions!!) w/ aluminum foil; set aside.
Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and place on baking sheet. Bake about 20, or until chicken is cook through. Remove from oven and preheat broiler.
In saucepan bring soup, milk, chipotle peppers and Worcestershire to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off heat & cover to keep warm.
Broil chicken 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until bacon is really sizzling.

Serve chicken topped with cheese sauce. (we used ours as dipping sauce.)

No comments: